Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ombre, Color Streaming -- whatever you call it, I LOVE IT!

This season, the color trends are a little all over the place. It seems that making a color suit you is the new in thing. Everyone isn't rocking the same trend. We have seen the same techniques used with varying colors, shades and patterns. This season it is all about tailoring a style to suit a certain person's facial features, bone structures, hair porosity and most importantly their personality!

My Ombre :)
I have fallen into this same category, I have decided to try the Ombre technique. Xpert stylist Sarah Mielkey touched up my color by lifting the mid tone in my hair lighter and bringing hand painted dark low lights in through the end to match with my dark features and olive skin tone.

There are so many variations of this Ombre technique, many stylists are referring to it more as Color Streaming. Leaving a halo of natural color on the root and streaming in pops of color or of lighter tones as they reach the ends. There are bolder streams of color that are only about 2 to 3 levels lighter than the natural color but the streams get lighter and lighter towards the ends.


Check out these Ombre/Color Streaming trends below and see for yourself how multifacetted a look like this can be!







 

No comments: